Wednesday, August 30, 2006

Fever is gone!!

We just heard thday that Lilly is out of the hospital...and has no fever right now. (Thanks Steph!!!) Hopefully the paperwork is speeding along. But as you know...its tough to get information out of Haiti.


Friday, August 25, 2006


Well China did a whole 9 days of refferals this month at this rate Lilly will be three when she meets her sister. I am sure God has a plan here but I cannot help but be frustrated with China. Don't they care about those babies???
Lilly is still at the Orphanage. She has had a fever off and on and so they are doing more tests. We need them to help with expediting her paperwork. She really just needs to be home. How much more testing can that little body handle? We were told that the director would have more information on Monday.
Meanwhile Brandon and I have cashed in some Frequent flier miles and some DVC points and booked a trip to WDW with my family for christmas. I am obsesively planning trying to ocupy my time. We heard yesterday that Alexei will be able to join us for part of it. We are hoping that she will be able to meet Lilly for the first time on the trip. Please please please let that baby be home by then. I really feel that once she is home she will get better quick. So if she can be home by November then she should be fine. Anyway this is what I keep telling myself.

Monday, August 21, 2006

Lilly update

We got news today that they are expediting our file in Haiti. This is great news however it is Haiti. So the director of the orphanage thinks that she will be home sometime in November or December. We just need to pray that Lilly can hold on that long. She is having a sonogram of her stomach tomorrow. I will let everyone know when we hear something.

Friday, August 18, 2006

Getting our girls

Hi everyone...

We learned today that Lilly has Botulism...which is contracted from the Clostriedium bacteria. Does anyone have experience with infant botulism?? If so...please let us know...or email me privately at

Thank you!!!


I got a message from the family network today. Audrey there told me good and bad news. First Lilly has a bacterial infection in her stomach.could be anywhere from a week to 6 months in Haiti time. Audrey wanted to make sure we were prepared. HAHAHA Obviously we want her home tomorrow. We need to get her to her pediatrician and get her on some good medicine. I will be sure to keep everyone updated. This caused her to have a fever again. She went to the doctor yesterday. They said that she does not need to go back today. The good news is that because of this they are trying to get her paperwork expedited so she can come home as soon as possible. That Please pray that she can come home soon.

Wednesday, August 16, 2006

Dossier in Haiti

We got confermation last Friday that our Dossier made in safely to Haiti. Now we wait to get into IBESR. that then takes about 4 to 10 months. Yes I know that is a long time. At that point Lilly will legally be ours!!! After that we wait for her visa. usually a month or so. As we know Haiti is not the fastest place on the planet. We could use alot of prayer that the process goes smoothly and is on the shorter end. Basically we could have Lilly home anywhere from 6 months to a year. I hate the thought of it taking a year.
China still has nothing to report. We are waiting to see the next batch or 2 of refferals to decide if we are going to join my sister and my parents at Disneyworld in Dec. I am about ready to just book it. I really don't feel that we will have Rory by the end of the year. There are always those rumors that they are speeding up though. I'll believe it when I see it.

Thursday, August 03, 2006


We have turned in our complete Dossier for Lilly today!!! Now we have to wait. Hopefully it will be on the short side.

Wednesday, August 02, 2006

9 months old

Lilly is 9 months old today. I hope she is having fun today. I miss her.